Thursday, May 26, 2005

ms love to become mrs wylie

Yes, in a desperate attempt to boost flagging interest in our website, encourage comments, hide the disappointment of relegation, and maybe make Matt post something pleasant for a change, I decided extreme measures were necessary.

Once on home soil, last week in Vancouver, Courtney agreed to marry me. It was all very romantic la la la (she can take over at the wheel in a second and give all the gory details), and god knows what the poor girl is letting herself in for, but yes, we are both very happy with the news. At least that's what she's telling me.

Proposing on home soil meant we could tell Courtney's parents in person which was lovely. They did their best to hide their disappointment that Courtney had ended up with me...

Anyway, you can hold off on hat shopping for the time being as the big day isn't going to be till next year Which'll give me about enough time to find a job. And leave it and get another one if past history is anything to go by.

And now, for my bit. Pete said I could add all the romantic stuff he missed out... except that I can't really remember any, the whole proposal is a blur interrupted only by a brief interjection from a bag lady with huge google-eyed glasses heckling us right in the middle: "oooo you've got such romantic eyes, say hello to the motherland" (to Pete). I do however recall that in true Vancouver style we were enjoying Starbucks caffe lattes, watching the sunset on the beach at the time.

Comments:
About bloody time! Welcome to the family! Does this mean I'm to be henceforth known as Mrs. Wylie's Aunt? Or can I still be Aunty Woodstock? Congratulations to both of you! And to Pete (and all the rest of the Wylie clan) - Welcome to the family!!

Love,
Sharon and Garth
 
Almost forgot - Courtney please, no pink Laura Ashley prints!!!! But no green satin cow dresses either!
 
Here I am twiddling my thumbs, well procrastinating really, early in the morning in a near empty office (everybody in France has to use up the remainder of their ludicrously large 2004 quota of leave by the end of May!) and I thought I'd give your blog a quick look to see how your travels are going...and see that you've decided to make an honest man of yourself! Congratulations to you both....
When you are back in Europe at the end of August hope to see you then - or who knows, may be in Africa, I'm going down there regularly at the moment...
John P
 
Congrats to you both from me (and Lucy, who is squeaking continuously). Charlie and Sam more interested in the sandpit, though!

I don't know, with Liverpool winning big cup and now this....2 major shocks in one week ...eh..?

ANyway, you both must re-consider. Rather than the proposed name change at the top of this piece, surely the banner should read ..."Mr Wylie to become Mr Love"...?

Congrats again

Keitho
 
Congratulations from both of us - and thanks Courtney for taking him off our hands - we thought we were going to get stuck with him.

We are looking forward to meeting the Canadian Clan and especially looking forward to hearing Brian's canoeing songs!

Songs, sock dances, what a bundle of fun you all are!!

And by the way, you will always be Aunty Woodstock to us!

Love to y'all

Graham & Janet
 
We are thrilled!
Last on the list (not unusual!), The Canadian Mom
(Perhaps because we have had the pleasure of said bloggers' company chez nous for the last week! Would you believe I actually had THE yellow t-shirt in the laundry and refrained from bleaching the bejeebers out of it, shrinking it, or otherwise causing a wash-day disaster! It is still in one piece(my apologies to you other blog aficianados!) and will likely be seen on the African blogs! Not nearly as pretty as the beautiful white dress Ms Love and I bought the other day!)
 
MARSHA!!!!!!! I'm dismayed!!! Are you telling us that I sat within 5 feet of the damned yellow T-shirt and you never told me??????? How could you????? I'm your sister! I thought you loved me!!! I could have BURNED IT!!! (Actually, with all the wear the stupid shirt has had, I'm surprised that we didn't smell it the minute I walked in the door!! Maybe that was what the dog was getting so excited about)
 
Can someone translate the Landlord's comment? (or do we really want to know?!!)
 
Well, there are several comments from the landlord that would require some translation and negotiation, but roughly speaking, the only one that can be published (and it sounds like LOTD has got his facts wrong by the way) is the "last loser left in the class of Charlie Mo 91" (which is actually wrong)

So the magnificent seven went like this:
1. July 2001 - Richard
2. July 2004 - Bake
3. Sept 2005 - Barran
4. LOTD- 2006
5. Brian - nowhere near commitment
6. Parkinson - not doing much better
7. The Landlord - as off the radar is it is possible to be.

So - 4 out of 7 (and in fact only 2 of them are actually married at present - and they are both (nearly) fathers as well)

Facts please Mr Wylie! get them straight, or you'll be unemployed for a lot longer than you think...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Click Here